Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

10-23-10 Wedding




Ok...where do I even begin. It wasn't until yesterday that I even sat down to look at the photos that I got from this wedding....which I SOOOO unlike me!

Let me start off by saying that I was not "the photographer" for the wedding. I was asked by a co-worker of Uncle Ron's (who happens to shoot weddings every now and again) if I would like to attend a wedding she was shooting to gain some experience. My response...heck yes I do! Anytime I have an opportunity to learn from someone who has more experience than me (which is almost everyone) I jump on it!!

Sooooooo....the wedding was a little stressful to say the least. I showed up at 1:00 (which was when pics were supposed to start) and we didn't start taking pictures...until 4:00, when the wedding started!! Ahhhhhhhhh!! After the wedding, a few pics of the wedding party were taken and that's it. I left after the bride and groom were announced at the reception. I had a splitting headache and an urgency to be held by my husband.. you know the, "it's ok. Everything will b fine. I've got you now." kind of holds?

I do have to say that it was a really good learning experience. I have learned that I will not do a wedding for pennies. My time and sanity will come at a price.

NOTE to BRIDES: If photos are important to you.. please be sure to be ready by the time the photographer gives you. In order for us to do the job that you are paying us to do, we need time to do it. The more photos that are taken BEFORE the wedding, the more time you have to celebrate AFTER the wedding!!

Happy Thursday!!

No comments: